The Municipal Court Judges are only available during court session times. If you wish to speak with the judge concerning your case, you must appear in court. Any contact with a judge or by a judge, concerning the merits of a pending case or proceeding, outside the presence of all parties or their representatives is considered “Ex Parte” communication.
The Municipal Court Clerks are available at the Court Office and may be contacted by telephone at 281-554-1060. The clerks are available to answer questions that you have in reference to your citation or arrest. However, court phones are turned off while court is in session which will delay their ability to assist you. Extensions will not be granted due to court being in session.
The Municipal Court staff does not answer legal questions of any nature. The clerks are allowed to explain court proceedings and procedures only. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney.
Photo identification is required. When you appear in court or at the clerk’s office, you will be required to present your valid driver’s license. If you do not have a driver’s license, you must present some form of photo identification. This procedure is designed to prevent identity fraud and insure proper reporting to the Department of Public Safety of criminal convictions that may impact your driving privileges. A digital photo will also be captured. Telephone contact is not an appearance on your citation.
Please do not appear the same day you received the citation: Allow three days from the violation date before contacting the court. A fine is punishment and the court has an expectation that all fines and court costs will be paid at the time of sentencing.
- I-45 South to the League City FM 518 Exit
- Make a left on 518
- At Highway 3 make a right, the first light will be West Walker
- make another right and the court will be the second building on the right between the City Hall and the library
- I-45 North to the League City FM 518 Exit
- Make right on 518
- At Highway 3 make a right
- The first light will be West Walker
- Make another right and the court will be the second building on the right between the City Hall and the library
Accepted Forms of Payment
- American Express
- Cashier’s checks
The League City Municipal Court is a Court of Record. All defendants have the right to appeal their convictions. The appeal process is as follows:
- You must go to trial and a record of the trial must be made.
- Judgment must be entered against you.
- You must make a motion for a new trial no later than the 10th day after judgment.
- If the motion for a new trial is overruled, you must give notice of appeal and post an appeal bond no later than the 10th day after the motion for new trial was overruled.
- The appeal bond must be at least double the amount of the fine and costs.
- You must pay a $25 fee for the clerk’s record.
- You must pay for the actual transcription of trial proceedings, approximately $3000-$5000.
- You must pay for the reporter’s record.
- You may file a bill of exception with the transcript.
If in the office to pay the credit card holder must be present with photo ID.