For Pool Construction
The homeowner or the general contractor should fill out a Pool Permit Application (PDF) form available at the City's Land Management Offices in the Building Department or online. The licensed electrician and plumber (registered to do work in the city) must sign on to the permit along with information on any equipment to be installed. Please see the below list of Required Documents. For more detailed information on Pool Permit requirements please refer to the Pool Standard Operating Procedures (PDF) (S.O.P.) handout.
New Pool Construction, Required Documentation
The Owner or General Contractor is required to submit to the Building Department the following documents for Plan Review and Approval, along with a Pool Permit Application (PDF).
- Copy of plot plan or site plan showing the location of the pool in relation to any structures, easements and setbacks.
- Pool steel detail, sealed by an engineer if closer than five feet to any other structure.
- Pool equipment information.
- If installing a gas pool heater, provide a gas riser diagram showing pipe length, size, and fixture fuel requirement.
- Signed Pool Barriers Statement (PDF) form (residential pools only).
- Copy of Galveston County Health District application (commercial pools only).